As you know from class, each week the English Composition classes will be issued several writing challenges geared toward practicing your writing skills.
Sometimes these challenges will contain specific instructions for writing one of the three types of essays we will be covering in class, and sometimes they will be generic assignments that can be responded to as you see fit.
For the first challenge, the goal is for me (the instructor!) to gain an understanding of your current writing skills so that I can adjust class to your current skill level. In this case, I want to see what you can do with nothing but a writing prompt for a topic.
- Register an user account on the web site so that you can submit your response.
- Read the question carefully.
- Pause and think about how you wish to respond to the question.
- Open up your favorite word processing program (Word, Notepad, etc.)
- Write your essay! I want to see how you would write if you had to take the test right now.
- Post your essay as a response to this page. Once you log in, there should be a text box at the bottom of the page under the words “Leave A Reply”. Copy and paste your essay into this section, then click “Submit Comment”. You can choose to leave your name off of this, put a nick name, etc.
- Watch for a reply! I will try to review and post comments on these essays as quickly as possible. If the essay needs extensive help, I will print the essay, make specific notes on it, and pass it back the next class meeting.
Your First Writing Prompt:
For this challenge I just want to see what you can write. Develop an essay detailing the reasons you decided to return to school and become an RN. Be sure to use paragraph structures and support your reasons through facts or examples.