As you know from class, our English Composition classes are issued several writing challenges geared toward helping you practice your writing skills.
Sometimes these challenges contain specific instructions for writing one of the three types of essays you will be tested on, and sometimes they will be generic assignments.
- Register an user account on the web site so that you can submit your response.
- Read the question carefully.
- Pause and think about how you wish to respond to the question.
- Open up your favorite word processing program (Word, Notepad, etc.)
- Write your essay! We want to see how you would write if you had to take the test right now.
- Post your essay as a response to this page. Once you log in, there should be a text box at the bottom of the page under the words “Leave A Reply”. Copy and paste your essay into this section, then click “Submit Comment”. You can choose to leave your name off of this, put a nick name, etc.
- Watch for a reply! Your instructor will try to review and post comments on these essays as quickly as possible.
Your Overcoming Test Anxiety Writing Challenge:
Part 1: Construct an essay, in proper paragraph format, detailing three strategies you will use to reduce your anxiety over taking the English Composition exam. Construct this essay as a Persuasive essay and convince us that your strategies are the best.
Part 2: Practice writing thesis statements!! A thesis statement should always be specific, announce the subject of the essay, tell the reader what side of the argument you are on, and provide a brief overview of what will be discussed in the essay. Each student should brainstorm to come up with his/her own topics.